Thursday, April 26, 2018

Reflection

       Honors colloquy was never a class I expected to enjoy. Although I typically love English, the whole idea of "colloquy" frightened me at the start; I can not say the same now. I gained a lot from the class, including confidence. I was surrounded by highly intelligent individuals who shared the desire for learning that I do. I particularly enjoyed how the class was set up. By allowing us students to choose our own topics for both projects I believe it fostered deeper learning.
       I also enjoyed how we explored both critical and creative thinking. I believe you need both to be a well-rounded individual. College courses have tendencies to focus all of their energy on critical thinking, which is frustrating considering both are important.


No comments:

Post a Comment