Monday, April 23, 2018


PROJECT TWO
Creating Reasons to Live

            For my project two topic, I chose the idea of Creating Reasons to Live. In order to execute this idea, I made a video compilation of reasons why I live/love my life and why everyone should seek out the positivity in their life as well. Hopefully by creating an uplifting vibe, I will inspire people to be kind and to continue the trend of showing others why they should live, why they matter, and why they are lucky to be here.

            My video has two different songs playing in the background with a slide show of pictures of me, my friends, my family, other families, and other things I like and/or find important/of value to my life and others. I made the video using my iPhone and special effects/editing technology on it.

            The video is a spin-off of Drake’s “God’s Plan”. In “God’s Plan”, Drake gives away thousands of dollars to local charities, shelters, schools/students, and a variety of individuals who are in need; his kindness and creativity sparked an abundance of my own. I appreciated how someone of great wealth and power took it into his own hands to remind the world that love and goodwill should be of the utmost importance. He used a genre stereotypically tied to violence and profanity and made something beautiful. My intentions are to spread happiness and spark a chain reaction of kindness and appreciation for life by creating a video of what God’s plan has been for me so far.

            I began my video with images of my biggest supporters, my immediate family. No one on this planet loves me to a stronger degree than my parents do. My entire life they have gifted me with more than I could have ever imagined, and I do not mean that solely in a physical aspect. They continue to shower me with kindness, positivity and encouragement, and most importantly their teaching. I would not be the strong-willed, kind-hearted, extremely passionate individual I am today without my mother and father.

My parents mean more to me than the world and are one of the major reasons I continue living, and loving life. They give me so much support that I’d feel ashamed if I did not attempt to make them proud. I want to continue on in life and go somewhere in life, to really demonstrate how important everything they have done for me and continue to do for me is to me. I hope that from my video, parents out there gain an understanding of how their hard work does not go unnoticed, even though us young adults may have trouble saying that to their faces.

I then transitioned into pictures with my grandparents. My grandma Sue, from who part of my name was derived from, has always been my rock. Whenever I need anything, something even as small as a baking ingredient, I can turn to my grandma Sue. My grandma Sue is the type of woman that lights up a room when she answers. She is classy, yet silly and I love everything about her. I hope that she stays in my life for quite a few years to come because she is truly a beautiful human and a blessing in my life.

My grandpa Gil, also Sue’s husband, has played a very strong role in my life as well. He is kind and intelligent. He taught my dad so much about the outdoors and instilled a love for the outdoors in my dad, and in turn me. My grandpa is a quiet man yet contains this vast body of knowledge; this fact has always befuddled, yet amazed me. I will always love and cherish the times I spent with my father and his dad outdoors and hope we can continue to do so for many years to come.  

The video then transitions into pictures of my cousins, aunts and uncles, and extended family. I included these pictures because any time I feel down about life I can see them and speak with them and they make me feel important and cherished. They are uplifting and always acknowledging even the smallest achievement of mine. They are a major part of why I love my life; everyone should have a support system like them in their life.

My best friends also make appearances in my video. The blonde in the video, is named Sara. Sara does not share the same DNA as me, however we are sisters. Sara and I met through dance and from the age of toddlers, we have shared an incredible bond. When my sister was sick (before she passed), Sara was at my house almost every day, and if she could not be there in person she texted or called. To this day, if I am ever feeling down about my sister I can turn to Sara and she will know just what to say in order to ease the pain. No words can describe the amount of love and appreciation I have for her, she was definitely a blessing from God and someone who I know will be there for me until the day I die.

My best friend Kate is the brunette in the video. She is wonderful. We met through our high school tennis team and have been close since. Kate would give anybody in need the shirt off her back; she is truly a sweetheart. Whenever I need a pep talk and for someone to lift my spirits, I call Kate. She puts up with my tendency to be slow and I love her for how understanding she is, she gives me yet another reason to live.

My boyfriend Anthony also appears in my video. Anthony Edward is my male best friend and the love I never expected to have. I cannot describe how he makes me feel. He forgives all my flaws and sees beauty in me, that I never knew was there. He is a source of physical and emotional strength for me and I pray we live happily together for many years to come. Because of the bright future I see with him, he gives me one of the most influential reasons to continue living and absolutely adoring my life.

My dog Casper also appears in the video. If you have ever been lucky enough to have a dog as a best friend, then I am sure you understand why. My Casper can instantly switch my mood from awful to joyful. He loves me and my family unconditionally; in my opinion, dogs are a gift from God because no matter how you treat them they love you.

The reason I consider the most important for me to continue living is to honor my sister Brooke and her life. My sister appears in photos with me and also in portraits inside of photos. My sister Brooke only lived to the age of six. She was my angel here on earth; the epitome of beauty and love. I miss her dearly and know that I have to continue appreciating life because we are not all the given the chance to live a long and healthy life. How can I take my life for granted, after watching hers fade away?

Thanks to my sweet sister, I intend on becoming a doctor. Brooke sparked a love for medicine in me and a passion and drive for life that not all are fortunate enough to have. I will persevere through the trials and tribulations of this life because overall the good outweighs the bad. I hope that after watching my video, that everyone will be inspired to remind themselves of reasons why they live and will continue to create a life they want to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment